Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Wario Land 4 Website!

Remember my rant on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine? Remember when I mentioned the Wario Land 4 website, which you can visit through that but it doesn't actually do anything?

Thanks to the power of Google, I recently discovered that someone recreated it. It's available at www.welcometogreedville.com. I figured I would give a more in-depth review of the classic site, which despite having people remember it, is still fairly obscure.

I'll start with a slight correction from my original post: one of the movies is Star Wario, not Starring Wario. That makes more sense, since it's actually a movie title pun. Can't believe I didn't make the connection until just now.


"I'm a-cryin' because Wario Land 4 is just... is a-just so... BEAUUUUUTIFUL!"
The exclusive stills and clips can be viewed by going to the Pyramid Theater (pictured above). In addition, there's Wario's Arcade, where you can play some games (all of which are also playable at BooMansion.net) and earn Wario Bucks...

"Sure, you're old enough, but are you BOLD enough?"
Greed School (or Greed $chool), where you can read an old Mario vs Wario comic and take a test to see how much you know about Wario Land 4...

"It's about time you learned something really useful!"
The Post Office, where you could subscribe to Nintendo Power...

A moment of silence... Okay, long enough. "I'm-a so cool! Hey!"
And Wario Mart, where you can spend your Wario Bucks on screensavers, wallpapers, a print-out fold-up car, and strategies for Wario Land 4 itself.

"The best! YOU can trust ME..."
In Greedville itself, there's also a statue you can click on, which causes Wario to sing his name in the style of "Figaro", and then cough.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"
As for the movies, I still wish I could see them again. Again, they're called "Star Wario" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Wario", and are wario1.mov and wario2.mov, respectively.

And that's about it. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive. My Spell-It Plus review should be coming later this week, I hope. After I'm done with that one, I have a few more computer games lined up, then some old tapes and a record I had as a kid, and finally, a book. For some reason I don't feel like being specific right now. I'll get to them when I get to them, but for now, I'm outta here. Next time, Spell-It Plus! for Macintosh. See ya then!

-Johnny

2 comments:

  1. I win I weeen! Bruh I got Wario Land 4 green screen video clips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean from the Flash files? Thanks, but not exactly what I'm looking for...

      Delete